Exemption from enrolment fees
People who are totally exempt and the required certificates
The following groups are totally exempt from enrolment fees if they can provide the required certificates.
- People receiving a minimum income or the people at their expense
Certificate: Welfare certificate stating that the person concerned lives on a minimum income (plus a declaration on his/her honour about the family situation for the people at his/her expense if the latter wants to benefit from this exemption)
- Asylum seekers receiving material help
Certificate: certificate stating that the person concerned is receiving material help.
- Unemployed, officially registered jobseekers who are not yet entitled to an integration allowance (inschakelingsuitkering)
Certificate: VDAB or Actiris (Brussel)
Reduced enrolment fee and required certificates
The following groups can benefit from a reduced enrolment fee (€ 0,25 per planned teaching period) if they can provide the required certificates
- People receiving an income via an integration allowance (inschakelingsuitkering) or an unemployment benefit or people who are at the expense of the above-mentioned group
Certificate : In order to obtain a partial exemption of the enrolment fee, proof must be produced of the obtaining of an integration allowance (inschakelingsuitkering) or of unemployment benefit via:
Disabled people or people who are at their expense
- An RVA certificate
- Or an ONEM (Wallonia) certificate
The person concerned must possess one of the following certificates:
- a certificate issued by the proper authorities and stating a work incapacity of at least 66%
- a certificate entitling to an integration contribution to disabled people
- a certificate showing that the person is registered with the Agency for Disabled
People (plus a declaration on his/her honour about the family situation for the people at his/her expense if the latter wants to benefit from this exemption)
The above-mentioned groups benefit from a reduction or exemption of enrolment fees if they provide the required certificates at enrolment.
If not, they can hand in the required certificates until 15 days at the latest after the beginning of the course. Depending on the case, the difference with the already collected enrolment fee will be refunded.
These certificates must not be older than one month at the time of enrolment.
As the amount must be adapted on the student’s certificate of enrolment, the student can only be refunded if, in addition to the required certificate, he also brings the original certificate of enrolment.